[vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”Click the menu below to make sure that you get this week’s podcast. Clicking on the link at the bottom of this page or Subscribing to Internet Advisor Podcast Feed at iTunes or with your favorite podcast app will get you our show. “]
[/vc_cta][vc_separator color=”black” border_width=”5″][vc_single_image image=”15158″ img_size=”full” add_caption=”yes” alignment=”center” title=”20th Anniversary Month On WJR”][vc_separator color=”black” border_width=”5″][vc_column_text]
Last week Foster was invited to share the microphones with Dave Phillips, Bob Waltenspiel and Nuri Gocay cohosts of IT in the D. The link below will connect with Foster’s interview about our 20th Anniversary.
Hour 1: Rick Broida, The Cheapskate
Rick Broida stands out as one of our favorite in studio guests over the last 20years on WJR. How can you not love a guy who brings in a tiny drone and flies it in studio! Rick has brought us many of these kind of devices that we have enjoyed …Read More
For years radio has been the window on the world for the blind and visually impaired and WJR has been a special friend to many of them. The first hour of our show this week is dedicated to those listeners. We hope you will listen in and learn about the amazing things that visually challenged people are doing online thanks to technology.
For Ted Lennox blindness is no more a disability than having grey hair ; it’s just part of his life circumstances. During his career as a high school teacher, Ted taught hundreds of young people how to turn visual challenges into triumphs. He has also been on of our most frequent visitors on the Internet Advisor during the last 15 years.
In this show Ted introduces us to BrailleNote Apex BT 18 Braille Notetaker, a remarkable device that allows the blind to surf the web as well as any sighted person. Joining Ted for the program are:
- Jerry Weichbrodt, GM test track engineer
- Keithetta Hicks: 16 in 10th grade at Osborn High, Detroit
- Jeff Humphrey: 18 in 11th grade at Fitzgerald High in Warren.
John Whitacre explains training opportunities for the visually impaired through i-Challenged…Read More
- Microsoft Remote Workers Study: Jason Rook, Microsoft Heartland Area Partner Manager. Study found that Detroit information workers aren’t using telecommunications as much as they might. What are the consequences for Detroit? How can new MS Office 365 help bridge the gap?
- MCWT scholarship winners: Tamara Grzebyk, University Graduate Scholarship from Plymouth, Michigan and Beth Hadley, High School Scholarship from Novi. These outstanding young women won scholarships from the Michigan Council of Women in Technology. Charlotte Decker, MCWT VP of Program Development & Scholarships and VP and C TO of Auto Club Group will discuss the MCWT’s efforts to encourage more young women to make Information Technology and Computing their life goal.
Don’t forget that the entire second hour of our program is dedicated to taking your computer questions and finding solutions. Call us toll free at 800-859-0957.
Podcast: July 9, 2011 HR 1 Open
Podcast: July 9, 2011 HR1 Detroit Remote Workers
Podcast: July 9, 2011 HR1 MCWT Scholarship Winners
Podcast: July 9, 2011 Hour 2
Tweet …Read More
- Mac Under Attack: Cal Carson leads the discussion of this week’s news stories about hacker attacks aimed at Apple computers.
- Osama bin Laden’s death unleashes a blizzard of malware. Gary, Ed and Cal discuss some of the alternative security software to the big names in Security.
- Interview with Jay Elliott author of THE STEVE JOBS WAY: iLEADERSHIP FOR A NEW GENERATION
- Remote Assistance for Computers: Our expert tech guys Ed and Cal are joined by Shane Hamelin, on of the online techs at CompuQuest Inc. who helps listeners out using remote assistance software.
- Erik Anderson has The Mac Minute with the latest in Apple news and rumors…most often rumors and…
Our second hour is dedicated exclusively to answering listener questions.
Podcast: May 7, 2011 – Hour 1
Podcast: May 7, 2011 – Hour 2
Gary Baker, Ed Rudel, Cal Carson, Foster Braun, Erik Anderson
- Rishi Jaitly: Co-founder of Michigan Corps, a national philanthropy providing financial, intellectual, and human capital from across the country to outstanding social entrepreneurs and non-profits enriching Michigan.
- Randy Dobbs: Author of Transformational Leadership, talks about the leadership that Michigan needs to get our state growing again.
Podcast: December 4, 2010 – Hour 1
Podcast: December 4, 2010 – Hour 2
Podcast: December 4, 2010 – Hour 3
Podcast: Rishi Jaitly
Podcast: Randy Dobbs
Link: The Mac Minute
The gang was back with a special extended show which included:
Terry Cross, Founder of Windward Associates and Chairman of the Michigan Emerging Executive Board shares about Michigan Emerging, a conference designed to promote and connect innovators and entrepreneurs and the support system that exists only in Michigan. Michigan Emerging has been chosen as one of ten featured events in the nation for Global Entrepreneurship Week. During the week of November 15-21, over 30,000 events will take place across the nation to celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit — and Michigan Emerging is the only featured event in Michigan.
Steve Sadler, a frequent guest, will be sharing about his new book Exposure to Closure . Steve began Scate to help e-learning and then found that there was a huge field called “social media” and that his tools would work so well there.
Erik “Mac Man” Anderson (couldn’t keep calling him “Mac Boy” forever!) will report on Apple’s huge patch release and other items this week and he will share about using his iPhone’s camera to make transactions with Chase Bank.
Two full hours of taking your calls and getting answers for your computer problems.
Podcast: Michigan Emerging…Read More
Whenever our program is preempted by Michigan State University sports coverage on our home station WJR-AM, Detroit, we offer you special, longer interviews with people who are involved in the many aspects of the world of computing and the Internet.
This is a special interview we did with Dave Sawyer,Technical Director, Microsoft Technology Center Heartland District about Microsoft Office 2010 its new feature set which includes strong collaborative tools and links to “cloud computing” on Windows Live.
Remember to watch this space for special interviews on the days that our show is preempted on WJR. Subscribe to our Internet Advisor Facebook Fan Page and you will never miss an update.
To download Office 2010 and learn more about the product visit www.office.com
Interview with Dave Sawyer Technical Director, Heartland Microsoft Technology Center (approx 28 min) …Read More
Scott Mueller is the author of Upgrading and Repairing PC’s, released 19th edition. The book has been an essential resource over the last 20 years for training computer technicians and keeping everyone from hobbyists to network administrators up to date on the latest computer technology. Editions of Upgrading and Repairing PC’s also come with a DVD giving step by step instructions for many of the procedures described in the book.
When we interviewed Scott he had some some very interesting views on upgrading your computers that would seem to run counter to the notion that newer is always better, particularly with operating systems. Let’s just say, don’t throw out your Win XP Pro software just yet. It might be the best thing you could do!
Scott Mueller Interview approx. 30 minutes …Read More