- Gary Baker, Foster Braun, Kurt Hines, Erik Anderson
- Dr. Tim Elmore author of Gen iY, a generation of young people we need to understand and guide . Also examining the youth movements that have driven the revolutions throughout the Middle East through Facebook and Twitter.
- Rejeana R. Heinrich, one of three enterprising sisters who created www.michigan-made.com out of their homes in Standish, MI
Suggested links from show: Track your computer start up time with Soluto
Seems that Microsoft made a bit of a hash of the recent SP1 release to Windows 7. Here is a cure for what may ail some of you who had the installation go sideways! Imagine that! …Read More
Hour 2 is dedicated to taking your calls about problems with your computers, getting around the Internet and related topics.
Podcast: February 19, 2011 – Hour 1
Podcast: February 19, 2011 – Hour 2
Looks like Apple’s announcement this week that it was going to take 30% cut of any new subscribers to apps from within iTunes (e.g. news magazines, newspapers etc.) AND not allow their subscribers to go back out to the app’s homepage and subscribe there instead. This has caused a firestorm from Sony and music subscription services like Rhapsody who are already paying for the right to carry the music involved. There may be an Egypt-like revolt gathering in the digital square. Now the Feds bave gotten the scent and we may soon see some anti-trust activity. …Read More
The Federal government has created a web site that depicts the nation broadband internet access based on the 2009 census. The census information basically tell us that 10% of the nation does not have access to high speed internet and those area that do have the access, 68% pay for the service. The US government site, http://www.broadbandmap.gov/, provides an interactive map that allows you to search an areas for Internet provides but the graphics are very poor and the site very slow. I had better luck just entering in my city, state and zip code. Read entire article here http://dark-fiber.tmcnet.com/topics/dark-fiber/articles/146265-national-broadband-map-goes-live.htmRead More
If you are on Facebook, just look up Internet Advisor, “like” us and you will be alerted every time we find something interesting going on in the world of computing during the week when we are not on the air on WJR in Detroit. Ed Rudel, Gary, Cal and Foster all throw in some interesting tidbits. Just click on the Find us on Facebook on the right hand side of the homepage and you’re in business. See you there! …Read More
This Saturday our good friend Charlie Hopper of in the upper, Upper Peninsula of Michigan (i.e. the beautiful Keweenau Peninsula) will talk about President Obama’s recent visit to Marquette to talk about expanding broad band to more parts of our country specifically rural areas. Charlie and his crew have been doing that for nearly 15 years and we want to find out what the current state of technology is in his neck of the woods (literally.) …Read More
HP unveiled three new devices to challenge the smartphone and tablets that are already on the market with a new operating system: webOS. Is this too little, too late or could webOS be their secret sauce. …Read More
Helping the Blind to See with Computers
- John Whitacre, Dir. of Computer Training, Optometric Institute and Clinic of Metro Detroit
- Dr. Bernard Miller, Dir. of Clinical Affairs, Optometric Institute and Clinic of Metro Detroit
- King Nelson, Counselor, Michigan Commission for the Blind
- Gina Demaggio, legally blind, and Roger Long, paraplegic and caller Nathan trained by OICMD
- Robert Blake and friends, Montego Bay, Jamaica, trained to use computer by John Whitacre and OICMD staff.
Erik Anderson: The Mac Minute.
Podcast: February 12. 2011 – Hour 1 [Seg. 1 Mich Commission for Blind and Optimetric Institute] [Seg. 2 Gina, Roger and Nathan Final-01] [ Seg. 3 Robert Blake from Jamaica]
Podcast: February 12. 2011 – Hour 2Read More
Podcast: February 12. 2011 – Hour 3 …