Happy Holidays 2014
The Internet Advisor Crew from our house to yours!
Today’s program has been preempted on WJR Radio Detroit by MSU basketball. However you can still hear our 2 hour show by downloading or listening to our podcast on our homepage beginning Sun. 12/21 around 10PM.
Sync 3: The New Face of Ford In-Car
Paul Eisenstein, publisher of The Detroit Bureau, The Voice of Automotive World, tells the story of Ford’s switch to QNX based Sync 3 as their new in-car communications system. After a long and painful relationship with Microsoft under the name of Ford Sync, there’s a new voice in your Ford in 2015.
Skype Translator: Simultaneous Translation
Mark King, Cloud Architect at the Microsoft Technology Center shares the story of Skype Translator a remarkable breakthrough in communication. Now your friend in Bogota, Colombia can talk to you in their native language, Spanish, and after a short delay…you HEAR the translation. Then you get to talk back in English…without one day of Berlitz or Rosetta Stone (No se puede creer…Verdad?!) This is just the beginning. (Transcoders, Star Trekkies?!?!)
- Josh Linkner
In the course of the Internet Advisor’s 16 years, Josh Linkner has moved from being the highly successful founder and CEO of ePrize to NY Times Bestselling Author, of Disciplined Dreaming and a brand new book bound for the best-seller list: The Road to Reinvention: How to Drive Disruption and Accelerate Transformation.
(From Josh’s homepage) Josh is passionate about making the world more creative and helping people seize their full potential. He accomplishes this through his work as an author, innovation keynote speaker, entrepreneur, high-growth CEO, venture capitalist, and urban reinventor. Here’s a quick snapshot of his credentials:
- NY Times Bestselling Author, Disciplined Dreaming – A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity
- Four-time tech entrepreneur, serving as CEO of each over the last 20+ years
- Top-rated keynote speaker delivering inspiring talks on creativity, innovation, and reinvention
- CEO and Managing Partner of Detroit Venture Partners, helping to rebuild his hometown of Detroit, Michigan
- Founder and former CEO/Chariman of ePrize (largest interactive promotion agency in the world)
- Professional jazz guitarist
- Regular contributor to Inc., Forbes, and the Detroit Free Press
How to Watch World Cup Soccer Through