Hay There! Are you hearing a lot about the new Facebook Timeline? In today’s blog, we’ve outlined some key points about this important new Facebook change to keep you up in the loop!
Remember, you can listen to the full podcast of Emily A. Hay talkin’ Timeline on the Internet Advisor show on WJR 760AM in our media section.
WHAT IT IS
- New upgrade to personal profiles on Facebook – currently limited to personal pages only (not business pages)
- Replaces your “wall” and “profile” – the new lingo is “Facebook timeline”
- An article came out the week of 1/22/12 from Facebook that says “over the next few weeks” it will rollout a conversion to all users – the new format won’t be optional
– To activate it today, visit: Facebook.com/timeline
- You have 7 days to preview your new look before it goes live. If you like it right away, simply click “publish”
- Exciting new visual feature is the “cover image” – which is always public
WHY IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER
- Move from social graph (friend connections) to “OPEN GRAPH” to allow