Hay There! Are you hearing a lot about Pinterest? Emily A. Hay joined the Internet Advisor team on WJR 760AM to share some quick points on this much-talked-about social network. This blog will keep you in the loop on the basics and hopefully catch your Pinterest ☺
Remember, you can listen to the full podcast of Emily A. Hay on the Internet Advisor show on WJR 760AM in our media section (Also available on iTunes).
WHAT IT IS
- Pinterest – an online pinboard for different topics you are interested in
- Default pinboard categories like “Products I Love” and “My Style” but you can create your own (HINT: creative pinboards get noticed)
- Has been around since 2009 – more than 11M users last month (2012)
- It’s a way to organize a LOT of content very efficiently
- This user-friendly interface can impact how companies structure their websites going forward
HOW IT WORKS
- It’s image based – ALL visual
- To create an account, you must be invited (request an invitation)
- Create your own personal profile with picture, basic info, links to your website, Twitter and Facebook profiles, etc.
- Content types shared