Gary Baker Technology Predictions for 2013
Well, the easiest predictions are to predict the trends that we saw in 2012 will continue in 2013 and for the most part that will be true. It is easy to predict that we will continue to see:
· Mobility gain more mindshare
· The cloud being used more by even some larger businesses
· Security breaches making headlines
· Publicly available Wi-Fi continue to expand and become more available
· Social media start to mature and be the place people spend the most time online
Yes, all of this will be true and the sky will continue to get darker at night too.
A little deeper look into my crystal ball reveals a few riskier predictions.
· Mobile apps will become more hybrid. The US will follow Europe’s lead and combine mobile websites using responsive design and HTML5 with mobile app functionality for easier maintainability.
· BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to work and hook it up to the corporate information will gain momentum as the security concerns become adequately addressed.
· Sensing technology will be used in more and unique ways. Sure Google has a driverless car and there are now refrigerators …