Hour 1: Disconnected Vacations and Rewiring
Gary Baker is just back from sailing Georgian Bay in Lake Huron, not the place to expect a strong Internet signal. How did he do? Twitches, rash, hives?…we’ll find out as he and Foster Braun compare notes on their recent wired and unwired vacations.
Cal Carson will, of course, take up an opposite position just to make things interesting with the results of a global survey taken by McAfee that found that more than half of the respondents could not disconnect.
Rewired in an Overwired World
Dr. Camille Preston is a psychologist, executive coach, consultant, speaker, and internationally recognized expert on Virtual Effectiveness. She is the founder and CEO of the organizational consulting firm AIM Leadership and the author of Rewired: How to Work Smarter, Live Better, and Be Purposefully Productive in an Overwired World.
- Build awareness about the costs and consequences of living overwired.
- Engage new strategies for balancing personal life with professional goals.
- Make the right choices and manage commitments to deliver results.
- Improve critical cognitive skills, like focusing and filtering.
- Leverage technology to solve and anticipate problems.
- Build neural networks so you can be more present in your work and life.
Listener Questions and Answers
Call 800 859-0957
The second hour of our show is dedicated to answering listeners’ random questions called in on 800 859-0957. If you want to submit a question after we are off the air, use the comment box at the bottom of this page or click on the Contact button at the top of the page.
These local computer shops have been recommended by you the listeners for good, honest service and reasonable costs. Let us know your favorite local computer shop so we can share it with your neighbors and friends.