Ed Rudel, June 6, 2014
Most people measure technologies’ advancement by the end product. But, if you want to get a peek into the future of those cool gadgets, you need to take a look at the little advancements that manufacturers make in the components that produce the end product.
- Intel introduces 2 new processors – the high end Devils Canyon / Quad Core i7 processor and its first chip with a 4GHz clock speed and Intel’s next generation Broadwell Mobil chip used for tablets and laptops.
- AMD announces its own powerful Kaveri processors that include both the CPU and embedded Radeon video chipset.
- Asus introduced a 6 antennae wireless router that offers latest 802.11ac and 802.11n protocols and will support wireless connections speeds of 1.3gbps.
- Sandisk rolls out high capacity Solid State Disk at 240, 480, and 960GB.
- Not to be outdone in flash technologies, Corsair announces 256 Gb USB flash drives.
- New 4K monitors and TVs and a
- New DockPort digital display cable standard that we will be seeing soon.
- Intel wants your next computer to have NO WIRES at all! Under the name Skylake they are developing a processor that will have all the hooks necessary to connect without any cables at all.
For a complete list of articles, visit the .PC World Computex Site