A recent poll conducted on Microsoft’s Safer Online Facebook page revealed a few interesting findings concerning mobile behavior and what you can do to protect yourself on your mobile devices. Microsoft offers the following tips to help you and your important business-related data stay safe using your mobile device:
- Lock your mobile phone with a unique, four-digit PIN. Much like your ATM code, don’t share it.
- Help protect your privacy online. Don’t overshare. Think before posting where you are and save vacation highlights and photos for your return.
- Use location-based services safely. Think carefully about turning on geotagging. Share your location only with those you trust. Pay attention to where and when you check in. Get permission before you check in others.
- Conduct financial or business related transactions on a secure network. Don’t use “borrowed” or public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Please silence your mobile phone. And by “silence,” this doesn’t mean turning it on vibrate. That’s still disruptive in a movie theater, work meeting, etc. Silence means silence.