Will high priced browser-based laptop harm Microsoft?
Normally Google’s Chromebooks are at the very bottom of the laptop entry fee…until now. Pixel is the newest addition to the Chromebook like weighing in around the same price point as the basic MacBook Air and Microsoft Surface Pro. Is this a serious contender or another serious mistake by the company that brought us Google TV and its devices?
Pixel Tech Data
- CPU: Intel Core i5, 1.8 GHz
- Display: 12.85-inch, 2560 x 1700, 239 PPI, 400 nit
- Memory/storage: 4GB memory; 32GB storage (64GB LTE model)
- Ports: 2-USB 2.0; miniDisplay port; 2-in-1 SD/MMC card reader; audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n) dual-band; Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 59 Wh, up to 5 hours
- Dimensions: 297.7 x 224.6 x 16.2 mm (11.72 x 8.84 x 0.63 inches)
The powerful hardware on the Pixel doesn’t come cheaply, with the Wi-Fi model priced at $1,299. A model with LTE will be available in April for $1,449. Google is taking a big risk with this high-priced Chromebook as this is a cool thousand bucks more than the popular Samsung Chromebook.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)