On our Nov. 26 program we talked about helping a listener to recycle their old computers.
- Cal Carson suggest using Best Buy where they will recycle any computer component EXCEPT hard drives.
- Foster recommended that you check your contract when you bought the computer for recycling instructions to see whether you bought the green recycle option which would allow you to turn in your old unit when you are through with it.
- Check and see if the company or store from which you are buying your new computer takes trade ins and get some value for the old horse!
- Ed Rudel suggested that you check with your municipality or country recycling or public works departement to see if they have specific programs for recycling all sorts of electronics including computers (In South Oakland County Michigan check with SOCRRA)
- Finally if you live in Southeast Michigan Cal also recommended checking with Great Lakes Recycling
PLEASE DO NOT JUST DUMP YOUR USED ELECTRONICS IN THE TRASH OR YOUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL LIVE TO CURSE YOU FOR POLLUTING THEIR FUTURE!
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)