On our Nov. 26 program we talked about helping a listener to recycle their old computers.
- Cal Carson suggest using Best Buy where they will recycle any computer component EXCEPT hard drives.
- Foster recommended that you check your contract when you bought the computer for recycling instructions to see whether you bought the green recycle option which would allow you to turn in your old unit when you are through with it.
- Check and see if the company or store from which you are buying your new computer takes trade ins and get some value for the old horse!
- Ed Rudel suggested that you check with your municipality or country recycling or public works departement to see if they have specific programs for recycling all sorts of electronics including computers (In South Oakland County Michigan check with SOCRRA)
- Finally if you live in Southeast Michigan Cal also recommended checking with Great Lakes Recycling
PLEASE DO NOT JUST DUMP YOUR USED ELECTRONICS IN THE TRASH OR YOUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL LIVE TO CURSE YOU FOR POLLUTING THEIR FUTURE!
Gary Baker, Ed Rudel, Cal Carson, Foster Braun, Erik Anderson
The ABC’s of Twitter: Emily Hay of Hay There Social Media will conduct a course in the basics of Twitter. She promises to make it simple enough that even a grandpa like Foster can understand! ;-)) Emily will also talk about how to use Twitter effectively in business applications and the crew will discuss the different social media that they use at home and in business including:
- *Twitter’s innovative use for solving customer service issues,
- *Twitter’s impact on live conferences/events,
- *Twitter as an industry research tool,
- *”Twitter parties” for one’s business – collaborative (& even sponsorship) opportunities
Don’t forget that the second hour of our show is dedicated to answering your computer questions and talking with listeners who have emailed us their computer concerns.
Coming Dec. 3, 2011…Live broadcast on WJR with the newly revised Internet Advisor theme music: “Cutting Edge” featuring composer Steve DeDoes who created our original sound track and now is aided by his talented son Mattie. Both will be in our studios to play live and talk about the new theme for a new decade.
Need to connect to and control a Mac from your PC? One quick and easy solution can be found in Google’s Chrome Remote Desktop feature.
One of the most revered traditions of the holiday season is getting an upgrade. Salvation Army bell ringers have braved the cold for decades ringing their tiny bells to raise support for the charities efforts. Now donors can come in from the cold and give online as well. …Read More
After a week of disgusting pop ups on innocent accounts, Facebook lowers the boom on hackers. The social media giant says it knows who is behind the coordinated spam attack resulting in a huge flood of links, videos, and images depicting pornography, acts of violence, self-mutilation, and bestiality on the site. …Read More
Android Phones are far and away the most popular smartphones on the market, as a group. Good news for phone makers, bad news for phone users because it paints a big “Hack Me” sign on their backs! Full Story …Read More
Outsource to Detroit: Tim Bryan, CEO of GalaxE.Solutions, Detroit talks about why he brought his successful software company from New Jersey to Detroit and why other companies should do the same.
Internet Usability: what does that really mean? Cynthia Zimber VP, Business Development TecEd, Inc. How to be sure that your customers really love and use your website to its fullest?
Having The Talk with our Kids: Trend Micro’s Natalie Severino, Director, Consumer Product Marketing shares and eGuide that shows you how to talk with your kids about the the digital dangers that lurk on the Internet.
Stick around for our second hour or enjoy it on our podcast when we talk with listeners about problems that they have sent us through the Contact Us form on our home page. There’s always something new to share.
Interview: Tim Bryan
Interview: Cynthia Zimber
Interview: Natlie Severino
Full Show Podcast: November 19, 2011 – Hour 1
Full Show Podcast: November 19, 2011 – Hour 2
Tweet …Read More
Floods of the century have ravaged Thailand devastating cities and ruining the economy. One of the unintended victims may be the Cloud, the place where more and more computing is done. Full Story …Read More
Thailand Floods threaten the iCloud.
48 Hrs. with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
Apple issues a patch for iOS5
Amazon’s new tablet catches Fire!
Our second hour is dedicated to answering questions that our listeners send on through our Contact Us.
Podcast: November 12, 2011 – Hour 1Read More
Podcast: November 12, 2011 – Hour 2 …